Get This Free Cheat Sheet Guaranteed To Help Your Next Mix

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

McCartney "Maybe I'm Amazed" Isolated Vocal And Guitar

One of my all-time favorite songs is from Paul McCartney's self-titled first solo album called "Maybe I'm Amazed." Here's a great video featuring the keyboards, vocal and guitar solo (also one of my favs).

What I especially like is the double of the piano line on the chromatic line up, which is one of the McCartney arranging gems that only he would think of. Also listen to how compressed the vocal is.

Usually isolated tracks can be boring to listen to after the a minute or so but this one holds up as a great song all the way through.

It begins at 6 seconds and unfortunately cuts a bit of the outro off, but it's still very cool.




----------------------------------

You should follow me on Twitter for daily news and updates on production and the music business.

Don't forget to check out my Music 3.0 blog for tips and tricks on navigating social media and the new music business.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...